Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Giver ~ Review (YA) By Lois Lowry

Can you imagine a world with no sickness, hunger or poverty? What if, in this world there were also no choices or real emotional depth? Where everything is the same. Jonas lives in this world. Everything is chosen for you. Your clothes, your job even your spouse and children. Jonas has grown up in this world and doesn't know there is anything more to life, until he is chosen for a very special position. Once Jonas finds out there is more, he struggles to find a way to experience this other world. Will he find it? 


This book was recommended to me by my thirteen year old daughter, who read it in class. I loved this book. I can't wait to read the next book, Gathering Blue, because The Giver leaves you with a cliff hanger! For anyone who likes YA Dystopian novels, this is a must read.


Must Read!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Give me your opinion, wow me, or just say hi!