Thursday, September 27, 2012

Review ~ Pledged by Gwynneth White

Everyone has a soul mate. But what do you do when your soul mate would rather give his soul to the demons than be with you?

Seventeen-year-old Erin has a problem. Seth has been hers forever, but now an ancient curse is tearing him away. And the demons who invoked it will stop at nothing – even murder – to claim him as their own.

How can she win against a curse so binding that it has damned countless others to this same fate – an eternity alone?

The answer lies in the past. To find it, Erin and Seth must risk all, travelling back in time to a dangerous world where love is forbidden, and life – and death – hang on a pledge.

Follow Erin and Seth as they travel to ancient Shenaya and confront the curse that has plagued their families for millennia. Caught in a war between the Angelic Guardians and the Gefallen, the disembodied dead, they must fight to keep their souls in tact and their love untainted.

My review
Everyone has a soul mate. But what do you do when your soul mate would rather give his soul to the demons than be with you?

That is a great tag line! It just sucks you right in. I was ready for a fantastic read. I am somewhat confused how to write this review. There are parts that I like, and others that I didn't. I really like the premise for this book, but it fell a little short for me. The story is a little slow to start. But, there are some great scenes. The author uses complex imagery to tell the tale, and I could vividly see the places she described. The story, while interesting in places was a little boring for my tastes. It was more explaining less doing. There are a lot of characters to keep up with, which threw me a bit. But by the end, it all came together. While I did end up liking the story, I would have liked to have seen more action.

I received this book from the author for review.

It was OK!

BOOK STORE LINKS: 
Pledged can be purchased from:

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/pledged-gwynneth-white/1111939746

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/171570

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Pledged-Soul-Wars-Saga-ebook/dp/B0088PEEYC/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1343140429&sr=1-1&keywords=pledged+gwynneth
TRAILER!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather! I have been seeing this all over the blogosphere and it just doesn't seem to quite work for the reviewers, as is the case with you. I am not a fan of the peeping Tom scenes....I think this is such an I important topic, though! Thanks for your honest review.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Give me your opinion, wow me, or just say hi!