Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Collide by Gail McHugh

A missed first encounter…

Colliding with a second chance…

On the heels of graduating college and trying to cope with her mother’s death, Emily Cooper moves to New York City for a fresh start.

While harboring secrets of his own, Dillon Parker takes care of Emily through her grief. Knowing he can’t live without her by his side, he’s sweet, thoughtful, and everything Emily has ever wanted in a man.

Until she meets Gavin Blake—a rich and notorious playboy who is dangerously sexy and charming as hell. Emily tries to deny the instant connection she feels, but Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome is not inclined to let go so easily. Recovering from his own painful past, Gavin will stop at nothing to win Emily over. 

This unexpected encounter compels Emily to question her decisions, forcing her to make a choice that will destroy friendships, shatter hearts, and forever change her life.

My Review
Wow, talk about a cliff hanger. This ends in the Mount Everest of cliff hangers! Here I was just reading along not paying attention to how much was left, then BAM. THE END What?!?!?! How could that possibly be the end? There are too many unanswered questions, too much going on for it to end now. Cue the temper trantrum!!!

After pulling myself together, I thought I would write the review while everything is still fresh. Cliff hanger aside, I loved it. I'm not really a fan of triangles, but I like the way Gail McHugh wrote this one. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I'm a big fan of angst! This is one emotional read, let me tell you! There were some sweet moments that made me smile then there were the WTH, Are You Kidding Me?!?!? moments. I can say that this book has made me look at bottle caps in a whole new way!

Emily....she's nice, sweet, and naive. No, naive isn't strong enough.
Dillon.....A**HOLE, 'nough said!
Gavin.....Ah Gavin, the player. Mr. Tall, Dark and F***ingly Handsome to quote Emily. Yep, that about sums it up. But he's so much more. He has a sweet side, but don't be fooled, he also has a vengeful side as well. When this side came out, I was like, "oh, sh**!"

Yeah, so if you like angst filled drama, you will LOVE this one!



Collide is now on Sale for .99! Amazon | B&N
Pulse (Collide #2) is available now!!! Amazon 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Give me your opinion, wow me, or just say hi!