Thursday, January 16, 2014

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

This could go down as my favorite book of the year! That's how much I loved it! It's funny and sexy and just all around good! 


Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.

Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and–was that a meow?–punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.

Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick…

In her third novel, Alice Clayton returns to dish her trademark mix of silly and steamy. Banter, barbs, and strutting pussycats, plus the sexiest apple pie ever made, are dunked in a hot tub and set against the gorgeous San Francisco skyline in this hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight.


My Review
This book has everything I want NEED! It's funny, it's sexy, it's snarky. It physically hurt me to put this book down. And I would think about it at the most inoportune times and a huge smile would break out on my face. Or, I would chuckle, and boy did that get me some weird looks in the grocery store! This book is hilarious, I mean, even the cat is funny! I love the back and forth between all the characters. Caroline and *sigh* Simon........Loved the chemistry between these two.  They didn't fall in love at first sight, in fact, they almost hated each other. This made for some great tension! And even greater tension relieving! This is one of those books I just want to crawl into and take up residence. I have found another author to add to my Favorites list!  I cannot stress enough how much I want to share this book with the world! GO GET IT NOW!!!!! 



MUST READ!!!


BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!Wallbanger

Some great quotes:

“The girl next door was meowing. What in the world was my neighbor packing to make that happen?” 


“I moaned like a whore in church.
To be fair, I’d never actually heard a whore moan in church, but I had a feeling it sounded a lot like the unholy sounds pouring forth from my mouth.” 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Give me your opinion, wow me, or just say hi!