Sunday, November 18, 2012

Audio book Review ~ Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones

First, I would like to thank Esther at MacMillan Audio for being my new BFF. Ummm....She may or may not know this, so I wouldn't bring it up if you see her. She sent the audio book for me to review and she is also responsible for the snippet you get to listen to below. 


The fourth in this fun and sexy New York Times bestselling paranormal series:  “If you enjoy Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum, you will certainly enjoy Charley Davidson!” —Suspense Magazine


Sometimes being the grim reaper really is that. Grim. And since Charley’s last case went so awry, she has taken a couple months off to wallow in the wonders of self-pity. But when a woman shows up on her doorstep convinced someone is trying to kill her, Charley has to force herself to rise above. Or at least get dressed. She quickly realizes something is amiss when everyone the woman knows swears she’s insane. The more they refute the woman’s story, the more Charley believes it.

In the meantime, the sexy, sultry son of Satan, Reyes Farrow, has been cleared of all charges. He is out of prison and out of Charley’s life, as per her wishes and several perfectly timed death threats. But his absence has put a serious crimp in her sex life. While there are other things to consider, like the fact that the city of Albuquerque has been taken hostage by an arsonist, Charley is having a difficult time staying away. Especially when it looks like Reyes may be involved. Just when life was returning to normal, Charley is thrust back into the world of crime, punishment, and the devil in blue jeans. 


For a Special Treat, I have an audio clip for you. An excerpt right out of the book!!!! 




My Review

I don't usually listen to audio books, but I loved it! Lorelei King (Narrator) is awesome. 

Darynda has done it again. Charley is always getting into trouble, and this time it's doubled. It was great getting back in touch with all the characters. Charley and her crazy antics, Cookie who is always ready to back her up, and of course Aunt Lil and the ever present Mr. Wong. We get to see more of Donovant, and man...that guy can really turn up the heat! I love him and hope we get to see more. And of course, who can forget the ultra HOT, sexy, blazing, smoking, SINfully delicious REYES. That man can do things to me that...well, let's just say, cold showers DO NOT work! Now, Swopes, I'm a little scared for him. We don't get to see much of him in this one, and when we do, he is different. Not unexpected considering what he has been through. I think there may be trouble ahead. A few new characters like Margaret, Fred and Barbara are thrown into the mix. *snicker*

More twists and turns that make your stomach do flips! Oh, we find out who moves into Charley's building. Loved it! I can't wait for Fifth Grave Past the Light now! With the way this one ended, I forsee lots of action in Charley's future. Well, at least that's what my crystal ball says. But sometimes, I can't trust her. She has been known to lie. So, to wrap this up...should you read it? Really, you're going to ask me that? *voice catches* You don't know me at all!  Too much? Is my drama queen showing? Well, blame it on Darynda! My emotions are all over the place. OF COURSE you should read it! And I'm gonna stand here with my arms crossed patting my foot until you run out to get it. Well? Go on!


MUST READ!!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Give me your opinion, wow me, or just say hi!