Monday, November 19, 2012

Release Day Review ~ Undeadly by Michele Vail

The day I turned 16, my boyfriend-to-be died. I brought him back to life. Then things got a little weird...

Molly Bartolucci wants to blend in, date hottie Rick and keep her zombie-raising abilities on the down-low. Then the god Anubis chooses her to become a reaper—and she accidentally undoes the work of another reaper, Rath. Within days, she's shipped off to the Nekyia Academy, an elite boarding school that trains the best necromancers in the world. And her personal reaping tutor? Rath. 

Life at Nekyia has its plusses. Molly has her own personal ghoul, for one. Rick follows her there out of the blue, for another...except, there's something a little off about him. When students at the academy start to die and Rath disappears, Molly starts to wonder if anything is as it seems. Only one thing is certain—-Molly's got an undeadly knack for finding trouble....


My Review
I just can't seem to get into books where zombies are "hot"! Thankfully this book doesn't showcase them in that light. I really liked that this book brought something new. Maybe not new in books, but definitely new to me! I must admit, I have a thing for Reapers and mythology. This book features Egyptian mythology, which I don't know much about, but was fascinating all the same.

Molly is a typical teenager and with those troublesome years, comes attitude. I liked the sarcasm from the characters. The villian... I figured out early who the bad guy was (and I mean within the first few chapters). This bummed me a bit, but there is also an underlying mystery happening. I enjoyed the different supernaturals. You get zombies, ghosts, and ghouls. Molly gets a lot of suprises and handles them better than I would expect a teenager to. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and will be reading the next installment. 

I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley for review.


GOOD BOOK!

Available TODAY!! Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries)  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Give me your opinion, wow me, or just say hi!