Thursday, April 11, 2013

Review Blitz ~ In the Stillness by Andrea Randall

Natalie is a wife.
Natalie is a mother.
Natalie is a cutter.

Clawing at walls built by resentment, regret, and guilt, Natalie cuts as an escape from a life she never planned. 

Staying present is only possible when you let go of the past. But, what if the past won't let go?










Available now! In the Stillness


My Review
Wow, Andrea Randall is definitely on my authors to watch list! This is the third book I've read of hers and loved them all. 

Natalie - At first, I wasn't sure about her. She goes on and on about being unhappy that she's a mother to the point I thought she resented the kids. She hates her husband and she cuts herself to deal with it. I thought she was weak. It's easy to jump to conclusions when you don't have the whole story. 

Eric - Something was off about him from the get go for me, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Yes, he worked all the time, but he was working on his Masters! He seemed to be a good husband and father when he had the time. Although, I did understand Natalie sometimes felt like a single mom. 

Ryker - I liked him immediately! We briefly meet him before he gets deployed. However, when he returns, he has changed. How can he not? After seeing things in the war, it HAS to mess with your mind. 

I loved that this book was not all flowers and rainbows! In the Stillness deals with some heavy real world issues but it's also about love, friendship and overcoming your own personal demons. It's not all dark, there are many touching moments. For me, it was a very thought provoking book. 


Great Book!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Give me your opinion, wow me, or just say hi!