Sunday, October 5, 2014

Let Love In by Melissa Collins

17988058



This book started out strong. I loved the MC. But not far into the book, the characters' actions were not in sync with what we had learned about them, especially Reid. He is your typical damaged bad boy. Never getting close to anyone, his roommates didn't know anything about him except what he let them see. He had a different girl every night it seemed. He was never with a girl for more than one night and was an asshole to Maddy at first. Then he did a total one-eighty and decided he loved her and wanted her to be his girlfriend. And really, that is what I expected but not so soon. It felt like his change was instantaneous. It didn't feel believable for me. 

Maddy had a boyfriend in highschool but she wasn't in love. She was just going through the motions. She never had sex with him and broke up with him before leaving for college. She never felt connected to anyone other than Mel, her best friend. The first time she sees Reid, she has butterflies and knew he was different. The word love was used way to soon for my liking for two people who never supposedly knew what love was. And her first time? She's a virgin and decides because she started birth control that he didn't need to use a condom! 

There was one saving grace.....the little mystery surrounding Reid and his family. I wanted to know what happened, but the final reveal just didn't hold the UMPH I was hoping for.


I purchased this book. 



 photo heather_zpsec15aae6.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Give me your opinion, wow me, or just say hi!